[tex4ht] Tex4ht and XeTeX and Unicode

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Apr 7 03:49:46 CEST 2010

On 06-Apr-2010, at 11:16 PM, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:

> Dear Kaveh,
>
> Following our conversation about this, I had a look into the docs and -- under Linux at least -- TeX4ht can easily be invoked to call XeLaTeX rather than PdfLaTeX or LaTeX.  It's just a matter of getting the invocation line right.  I'd need to look it up again, but it's something like "mk4ht xelatex ..." and then it reads and converts Unicode / XeLaTeX documents.  I haven't tested it extensively.

There are several scripts available for XeLaTeX in the TeX4ht bundle, Dominik:

dbmxelatex  htxelatex   jmxelatex   ooxelatex   uxhxelatex  xhxelatex
dbxelatex   jh1xelatex  jsxelatex   teimxelatex wxelatex
esxelatex   jhxelatex   mzxelatex   teixelatex  xhmxelatex

The most commonly used will be 'htxelatex'. If you do not have these scripts, please checkout from the SVN.

  http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/tex4ht/trunk/bin/ht/unix/

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan

Most people in this society who aren't actively mad are,
at best, reformed or potential lunatics.
		-- Susan Sontag