[tex4ht] [bug #126] Please resume support for biblatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 3 00:48:30 CEST 2010

    attached a version of htlatex that does the right thing (calls the
    latex in the same directory as it).  Obviously it would be useful to
    have the same patch on quite a lot of other script files...

Although we could change the tex4ht scripts, there's a fundamental issue
that if the tex programs found along PATH do not match what's being
invoked, there can be problems.  It's never been possible to say
/some/path/latex foo.tex and have everything work perfectly in all
circumstances.  Unfortunately.

Still, I suppose any improvement in this regard is good, so we'll look
at this before we make the next release.  (Right now I am stuck at not
being able to regenerate some files from sources, so no reliable release
is possible, sigh.)

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. Also, the change is not quite so simple.  If latex doesn't
exist in BASEDIR, it should still be looked for in PATH, since some
people might well have tex4ht and latex installed in different
directories.  tex4t and t4ht should be invoked from BASEDIR, though.