[tex4ht] [bug #126] Please resume support for biblatex

Joanna Bryson puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Mar 28 16:25:43 CEST 2010

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Thanks you guys for resuming support for / development on tex4ht.

I asked the guys at biblatex to support latex2html (which is the main thing I
use for both the web and the M$-.doc crowd), and Philipp Lehman said:
"
I'm not really the right addressee for this request. Biblatex support in
converters like latex2html needs to be implemented in the converter, not in
biblatex. I don't think implementing this in latex2html is realistic. As far
as I know, latex2html parses the .tex file so this would boil down to
reimplementing biblatex in latex2html.

tex4ht is more realistic and it did in fact support biblatex up to v0.8. I
think it needs an update but I'm unsure about its current maintenance status
(the original author passed away in 2009 and I don't know if there's a new
maintainer). In any case, try to contact the tex4ht maintainer(s).
"
Any help would be welcome!