[tex4ht] oolatex and hyperref

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Jan 16 07:08:22 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Daniel Becker <d.becker at jpberlin.de> wrote:
> Hallo -
>
> as a follow up to my previous question:
>
> 1) the first problem was that the command oolatex didn't work as
> advertised in the tex4ht docu (TeXLive 2009). I was told to use
>
> mk4ht oolatex myfile.tex
>
> and this worked. Maybe this should be on the todo-list for the tex4ht
> docu. I am sure it is hidden somewhere, but ....

Both worked for me and generated identical results.

> 2) the second problem I had is that the generation of an odt-file with
> mk4ht oolatex myfile.tex failed. For a large document, this means that
> I end up with a directory of hundreds of files. The latter problem is
> not so urgent (I use a script now that uses a few rm-commands)

Unfortunately, I could not replicate your problem with the specimen code
you had provided.

> 3) the "real" problem was that oolatex failed. I think I had a problem
> with hyperref. Below is an example that works ok as it is but if
> hyperref is loaded, odt-generation fails.

\usepackage[tex4ht]{hyperref} worked fine in my case.

> Maybe hyperref should not be used when tex4ht is involved?

I have attached s.tex, s.odt and m.log (log for all operations as you
will see in your terminal) are attached for your examination.

Best regards

--
Radhakrishnan