Default location of TEXMFLOCAL with alternate installation path

Magnus Ekhall Magnus.Ekhall at sectra.com
Mon Jun 13 10:36:33 CEST 2022

Hi Karl,

> I've installed it (r63541), so it should show up in tonight's install-tl.zip, etc.  Can you try it and see if it works? Fingers crossed.

I have tested it, and indeed it works well for me. Thank you for taking the time to look into this and in general for the work with texlive!

>The answer to "where are the directories created" is this line:
>  make_local_skeleton "$vars{'TEXMFLOCAL'}"; which is part of do_installation, which is called before the code we are discussing (in do_texmf_cnf, part of do_postinst_stuff, called further down in do_installation.
>Probably more than you care to hear. :)

Ok, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

> I suspect in principle we need to check for undef results from abs_path in other places too.

This may indeed be the case. There is supposedly a File::Spec module in perl that can be used to work with non-existing paths. I've never used it, and I don't know if it can be used with the tl-installer given that it uses a minimal perl environment on Windows. In any case, I have not seen any other issues apart from the one I reported.

Once again thanks for the quick response to my questions.

/Magnus