Default location of TEXMFLOCAL with alternate installation path

Magnus Ekhall Magnus.Ekhall at sectra.com
Wed Jun 8 16:27:32 CEST 2022

>That is strange, since we are supposed to create this very path TEXDIR/../texmf-local beforehand, so it should be exist.
>
>Could you provide a way to reproduce this, like a profile that does exhibit this problem?

That is odd indeed...
Here is a profile that shows the issue when I install:

selected_scheme scheme-basic
TEXDIR c:\users\magnus\texlive-installation
TEXMFLOCAL c:\users\magnus\texlive-installation\texlive\texmf-local
TEXMFSYSCONFIG c:\users\magnus \texlive-installation\texlive\2022\texmf-config
TEXMFSYSVAR c:\users\magnus\texlive-installation\texlive\2022\texmf-var

The error I get is:
"Use of uninitialized value $deftmflocal in string at C:\tools\install-tl-08062216\install-tl line 1416"

Where in install-tl is that directory created? Could it be that the creation of that directory did not succeed and then this fails?

Regards,
Magnus