Default location of TEXMFLOCAL with alternate installation path

Magnus Ekhall Magnus.Ekhall at sectra.com
Wed Jun 8 08:58:19 CEST 2022

Hello,

When installing on Windows with an alternate installation path I encountered a problem:

In install-tl there is an attempt to check if TEXMFLOCAL is configured to the default location. To do this an abs_path of TEXDIR/../texmf-local is calculated. However, this results in an undefined variable since that path does not exist in my case.

I'm attaching a small patch that resolves this issue which simply checks if the variable is defined (and thus abs_path was successful).

/Magnus