[OS X TeX] [MacTeX] TEXMFHOME uneasy to reach

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Sat Jun 4 14:52:16 CEST 2022

Le 03/06/22 à 17h49, Richard Koch a écrit :

> Apple hides the ~/Library directory in Finder. However, it is where
> all cofiguration data for a user is stored and thus is the correct
> spot for TEXMFHOME.

Well, IMO, not that much with respect to this very problem.

> If you press the Option key while accessing the Finder's Go menu,
> a new item is added to the menu taking you to ~/Library. It is also
> possible to add ~/Library to the location list in the first column of
> the Finder's window.

Oh boy, and Mac users claim Mac computers are very intuitive and user
friendly... ;)

> I don't know what front end your students use, but TeXShop

They used TeXstudio.

> also has a menu item to take you to ~/Library/TeXShop and thus to
> ~/Library.

OK, but this limitation is encountered in other contexts (and hence
the -- nice -- trick `open` given by others on this thread is not
enough): I explained to these students how to export Zotero libraries or
collections to `.bib` files and to store them, preferably, in the
TEXMFHOME; is it also possible to display the ~/Library directories in
the pop-up windows that lets the user choose the directory where to
store the exported file?

Thanks to all for your answers!
--
Denis