Enhancement request: please add `locale` to list of allowed \write18 binaries

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:29:33 CEST 2022

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 09:07, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) <
P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk> wrote:

> Ignoring the LaTeX wrapper, David, this returns nothing useful for me from
> Windows using CMD :

well it prints the value of that environment variable, which is  not set.
That may or may not be useful information. But I suppose your real question
is not tex related. If you type
set
at the command prompt it will show all the environment variables that are
set. But as Norbert just showed, these settings are not so useful in
Windows as information is mostly in the Registry which requires dark arts
to extract.

David