Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

peacecop kalmer: kalmer at test.tennis24.ee
Mon Jul 25 16:19:24 CEST 2022

i wanted to mention that before but thought not to interfere. As you
mentioned it then i concur it. i had no idea that something like
/textdoc/ exists before someone here in this conversation mentioned it.
Then, i tried it and it worked nicely for a package but not for two
packages - found no documentation. As i didn't know about /textdoc/,
seems to be completely my problem as we always should read first the
manual. i've been with LaTeX since the start of this year, didn't even
know before what that actually was. And i'm still not sure whether going
for LaTeX is the best choice as there are other markup languages
available and LaTeX doesn't seem to be the easiest one to learn.
However, for Portable Document Format (PDF) creation, it's probably the
only language, so one needs to learn it. The downside is that in only a
couple of universities, the language is covered. Usually people use
so-called office software instead. So far, i have just read about things
that were necessary for me to implement. i know that this is a totally
wrong approach - learning by doing, but had no time so far to thoroughly
learn LaTeX. Even yesterday, i learnt something: that for displaying
Chinese characters, /lualatex/ can't be used but /xelatex/ works just
fine. And if i use default.latex for /bookdown/ then i can't get rid of
the warning message that /calc/ must not be loaded if /xcassoc/ or
something (can't remember the name of the package that helps not to
display /lot/ or /lof/ if correspondingly no table or figure is
available). i should probably /read the fucking manual/ (RFM) and waste
less time in Duckduck.go.

One more thought: i went to university again to get my third degree
because i thought that studying there would get live feedback to me
which i can't get by self-studying. So i also ask sometimes from more
experienced people. Most documentation is poorly written and very hard
to comprehend. i liked the documentation of construction bits and puzzle
pieces represented during the conference that ended tonight. i have just
opened the documentation for /Koma-Script/ and as it's more than 500
pages long, i have no idea yet how easy it is for a starter.