Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Jul 24 19:24:00 CEST 2022

On 24/07/2022 17:58, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> it seems you haven't got the point I was trying to make. I (now that
> is me, I'm not speaking for Markus) do not want TL or anybody else to
> make it trivial for you to cripple the work that (with a lot of
> effort) I provide for the users simply by asking you a question.
>
> I want you to cripple it yourself by deleting what I have provided not
> the other way around. In my opinion too many users (these days) never
> look at documentation but go and and bother others with questions
> without first researching their problem and I don't want to see this
> being even institutionalized by TL offering them to make *sure* they
> have no documentation.

Then why not suggest to the TeX Live development team that they disable
the "Do not install documentation" option ?  Is that not the optimal
solution ?

--
/** Phil./