Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Sun Jul 24 09:19:48 CEST 2022

Hi,

I recently installed TL without any documentation or source, but I've
noticed that the Koma-Script doc/source files were still installed.

The texlive.tlpdb entry lists some source/doc files under "runfiles",
and doesn't list any "docfiles" or "srcfiles".

   name koma-script
   category TLCore
   revision 63809
   shortdesc A bundle of versatile classes and packages
   relocated 1
   longdesc [snip]
   depend footmisc
   containersize 7339020
   containerchecksum [snip]
   runfiles size=4092
    RELOC/doc/latex/koma-script/MANIFEST.md
    RELOC/doc/latex/koma-script/README.md
    RELOC/doc/latex/koma-script/examples/ich.lco
    RELOC/doc/latex/koma-script/examples/letter-example-00-de.pdf
    [snip]
    RELOC/source/latex/koma-script/doc/typearea-experts-en.tex
    RELOC/source/latex/koma-script/doc/variables-tikz.tex
    RELOC/source/latex/koma-script/japanlco.dtx
    [snip]
    RELOC/source/latex/koma-script/scrwfile.dtx
    RELOC/source/latex/koma-script/tocbasic.dtx
    RELOC/tex/latex/koma-script/DIN.lco
    RELOC/tex/latex/koma-script/DIN5008A.lco
    [snip]
    RELOC/tex/latex/koma-script/visualize.lco
   catalogue-also scrartcl scrbook
   catalogue-contact-development https://sourceforge.net/p/koma-script
   catalogue-contact-home https://komascript.de
   catalogue-contact-repository https://sourceforge.net/p/koma-script/code
   catalogue-ctan /macros/latex/contrib/koma-script
   catalogue-license lppl1.3c
   catalogue-topics [snip]
   catalogue-version 3.37

These extra files only use 14MB, so it's not a big deal, but it seems a
little odd. The tds.zip file on CTAN looks normal to me, so I'm not too
sure what's going on.

I'm seeing this at line 6909 of "ctan2tds":

   sub POSTkoma_script {
     print "POST$package - rm spurious dup top-level trees\n";
     &SYSTEM ("$RM doc/*.* source/* 2>/dev/null");
   }

Maybe this has something to do with it?

Thanks,
-- Max