Using a truetype font in a lualatex

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Mon Jul 11 21:54:07 CEST 2022

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 08:25:31PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:

> Am 11.07.22 um 20:16 schrieb Haines Brown:
> >
> > As the code hints, I'm trying to make the Dunhill string apear bolder
> > and larger.
>
> Scale the font and increase the value for FakeBold
>

> \documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{letter}
> \usepackage{libertinus}
> \newfontface\Dunhill{latinmodernromandunhill}[
>     Scale=1.5,
>     BoldFont     = lmromandunh10-regular.otf,
>     BoldFeatures = {FakeBold=4}
>   ]
>   \begin{document}
>     \begin{letter}
>       \large \bfseries\Dunhill Dunhill
>     \end{letter}
>   \end{document}

Thanks, Herbert, but even after seeking enlightenment in the
documentation for the fontspec packagae I'm in the dark.

If I read the code you provide, I understand it to mean that I've
selected a single new font for which I provide the command \Dunhill.
When the command is called as in \Dunhill Dunhill, the word ill
appears in the Dunhill font.

But the code fails to run. Run as you sent it results in this
error:

  ! LaTeX3 Error: The key 'fontspec-opentype/    Scale' is unknown and
  ! is being (LaTeX3)        ignored.

If I comment all the font feasures in sqquare brackets to run this:

  \documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{letter}
  \usepackage{libertinus}
  \newfontface\Dunhill{latinmodernromandunhill}[]
  \begin{document}
    \begin{letter}
      \large \bfseries\Dunhill Dunhill
    \end{letter}
  \end{document}

I get the error: ! LaTeX3 Error: The key 'fontspec-opentype/ ' is
unknown and is being ignored.

Thanks for your patience.

Haines