Using a truetype font in a lualatex

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:32:58 CEST 2022

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 at 19:20, Haines Brown <haines at histomat.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 05:05:07PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:
> >

> > Am 11.07.22 um 13:55 schrieb Herbert Voss:
> > >

> > sorry, just realized that there must be something wrong with
> > your copy and paste of my example.
> >
> > You have a lot of unwanted spaces in your code
>
> Herbert, I have reduced the code as much as possible:
>
>   \documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{letter}
>   \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} % optional but needed
>   \usepackage{libertinus}[
>     BoldFont           = lmromandunh10-regular.otf,
>     BoldFeatures       = {FakeBold=3}
>   ]
>   \begin{document}
>     \begin{letter}
>     \newfontface\Dunhill{latinmodernromandunhill}
>       {\large \bfseries{\Dunhill Dunhill}}
>     \end{letter}
>   \end{document}
>
> As the code hints, I'm trying to make the Dunhill string apear bolder
> and larger.
>
> Haines

Note this list is about the _distribution_ it really isn't about document
markup questions.

it almost never makes sense to use T1 encoding with LuaTeX, certainly any
fonts you load via `\newfontface`
are not T1 encoded. Your example generates an error as the letter
environment is missing its argument so
unrelated to fonts

! Undefined control sequence.
l.9     \newfontface\Dunhill

You get no error if you fix the markup to

    \begin{letter}{abc}

David