[EXT] Re: With beamer, "Missing { inserted." (regression)

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Fri Feb 18 10:43:30 CET 2022

On 2022-02-18 09:12:01 +0000, Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway) wrote:
> Lamport's book is entirely clear on the supported syntax for sub-
> and superscripts.

Actually it is not clear at all. From the table of contents, I can see
that this is Section 3.3.1 page 40, and there, braces are always used,
but Lamport does not say that they are mandatory. This is not clear
because when one tries $x_1$, this works as wanted.

One-digit subscripts and superscripts occur very often, and I'm
wondering how many users put braces, e.g. $x_{1}$, in these cases.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>