Installer

Skaanbilly2 skaanbilly2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:33:09 CEST 2022

Hi Norbert

Thanks for the move, I was not aware of this mailing list.

As far as the directory goes, I just assumed nothing for the output
directory, hence the path is just an alterable input. If all needs to be in
one place, it can be adjusted as well but it is not a limitation of the
software.

As far as the decompression goes, I am not entirely certain about the way
it is done. As far as I can tell from the documentation and the source
code, the tarfile package will refer to the lzma package for xz files. This
however imports a LZMADecompressor that I do not find directly in the
source code. I assume this is just a layer on top of C to support python
calls to it. I just think that it is fast enough for this purpose as well
as it is cross-platform.

At the moment I think it is best if all the requirements for the package
download were to be listed.
Correct me if I am wrong but the installer uses tlmgr, does it not?
If that were to be true I would only change the download portion of tlmgr
by calling this downloader, leaving the logic intact. If that were to be
the case only simpel download commands and responses can be given and
returned by the program. Letting the logic of reverting back to the
previous version be handled by tlmgr.

If you would want to discuss this further, you can mail me or we could have
a meeting.

Kind regards
Milan

Op wo 27 apr. 2022 om 10:15 schreef Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info