tlmgr --self

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sun Sep 26 17:19:01 CEST 2021

Hi Karl and Zdeněk,

thanks for your answers.  I'm not sure they are quite as enlightening
as I hoped, but since they both make sense, I guess it is all good.

Karl, assuming you are using Unix or Linux, does
        tlmgr $repo update --self --all
not work for you?  (In the interest of shorter command lines?)
I just tried it, and there is no "--self" update available for me, but
it did update 5 packages for me.

Cheers.
                                Jim