CMap issue in PDF file generated with recent TeX Live + Ghostscript

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Mon Nov 1 15:17:16 CET 2021

On 2021-10-30 01:29:12 +0200, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
> In order to get a good Unicode mappings, mapping ligatures and similar
> glyphs which are most likely to cause issues in the PDF reader is the
> most important aspect. So disabling the mapping for these would be the
> wrong thing. If you use a tool which does not support standard
> mappings for them, you have to decide which codepoint to map them to
> instead.
>
> Once you decided this, just add explicit `\pdfglyphtounicode` lines for
> these allof these glyphs to your document, this will automatically
> overwrite any preloaded entries.

Overwriting the preloaded entries will not solve the issue. The issue
comes from the fact that there are some entries that conflict with
other ones, and I cannot know which ones for future .tex files. It
seems that the workaround is to use an empty glyphtounicode.tex file
and only the \pdfglyphtounicode commands I need.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>