font inclusion

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 10 00:20:51 CEST 2021

        Then, may I further ask how to ensure the inclusion of
	all font information in TEX-created PDF-files?

It depends on what you mean.

By default, all fonts are downloaded/embedded in PDF/PS output (as
opposed to merely referenced), as specified by the *DownloadBase options
in updmap.cfg. The embedded font is subsetted to only the used
characters (more or less).

If you mean avoid this subsetting (why?), there's no way to do that at
the TeX level, or via TL configuration. You'd have to edit pdftex.map
and other files to use "<<" instead of "<". See the pdftex
documentation. (I have not tried it myself.)

If you mean ensuring that fonts in included pdf graphics are copied into
the output pdf, set \pdfinclusioncopyfonts=1 with pdftex (different
methods in other engines, but I think/hope the functionality is
available in everything that generates pdf).

Hope this helps,
Karl