smflatex in TeXlive?

Arash Esbati arash at gnu.org
Fri Mar 12 18:26:16 CET 2021

Dear all,

based on the comment to this question[1], I checked the smflatex bundle
on CTAN[2] which is not included in TeXlive due to `License: No Source
Available'.  I was wondering why this? The README says:

    This work is subject to the LaTeX Project Public License (version
    1.3c).

Source is provided via smflatex.(dtx|ins), sources for the manuals are
also available.  What is missing in order to include the bundle into
TeXlive?

Disclaimer: I don't use or need the bundle, I'm just asking :-)

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/63672/12242
[2]  https://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/smflatex