pretest 2021 begin (3rd attempt, no reply seen)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Mar 3 15:17:21 CET 2021

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> Add a parameter '-repository C:\TeX\Live\2021\Pre-test':
>
> C:\TeX\Live\2021\Pre-test\install-tl-windows.bat -repository C:\TeX\Live\2021\Pre-test
>
> ATM the installer only briefly shows on the splash screen which
> repository it uses.

Thank you Siep — that is looking good.  Now I have configured the
various installation directories and selected scheme "Small" (which
should suffice for testing) but one more question — what is the correct
answer to "After install, set CTAN as source for package updates" ?  If
I answer "yes", will it know to use the pre-test files rather than CTAN
proper, and if not, how do I tell it to "After install, set 'pre-test'
as source for package updates" ?  And if I don't select this option,
will it continue to use my local repository for the remainder of the
life of TeX Live 2021 (or until told otherwise) ?

** Phil.
--
/Philip Taylor/