pretest 2021 begin (3rd attempt, no reply seen)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Mar 3 12:35:41 CET 2021

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> If you have a local repository then you should use the already
> unpacked .bat installer and leave the zipfile alone.

Thank you  Siep.  But your advice conflicts with the advice from
https://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-mirror.html, which reads (in part)

> However, if you are on Windows, to run install-tl-windows directly you
> must ensure that all the *.bat, *.dll, and *.manifest files are
> executable. Either the mirroring software or the original mirror often
> clears executable permissions. Using install-tl.zip may be simpler.

which is why I unpacked the ZIP file and used its contents.  I will now
try your advice, but should I type simply :

> install-tl-windows

or

> install-tl-windows -select-repository

in order to be able to verify that I am about to install from my local
(rsynch'd) mirror ?  I ask because, too many times in the past, I have
thought that I was installing from my local mirror but realised after
several hours that I was, in fact, installing from the network ...

** Phil.
--
/Philip Taylor/