tex live 2021 installation question

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 18 00:47:51 CEST 2021

Hello,
the reommendation from archlinux sounds very reasonable.
If you are the only TeX user on the system, you could also install it
somewhere in your home-directory, or wherever you have the right
permissions.
To install it in /usr/local, you need root permissions, sudo would be
your friend.
Good luck
Alois