Creating a Chocolatey Package For TexLive

Naveen M K naveen at syrusdark.website
Thu Sep 17 10:56:50 CEST 2020

Hi,
I started testing how the uninstaller works and how chocolatey handles it https://github.com/naveen521kk/chocolatey-texlive/runs/1127477266?check_suite_focus=true#step:5:34.(You may need to log in using Github to view).

By default chocolatey checks for things written in registry and saves it. Then when user uninstalls it executes the uninstall string written to registry. Ref. https://chocolatey.org/docs/helpers-uninstall-chocolatey-package#description

I tried to imitate similarly in gh-actions here https://github.com/naveen521kk/chocolatey-texlive/runs/1127477266 but it hung up and still running. It's nothing much but getting from registry uninstall string and running it. Why it hung up? Did I do anything wrong?

> Or you just download the texlive.tlpdb from tlnet, and then do
        grep ^name collection- texlive.tlpdb
I will follow this method.

> Both can be used. scheme selects the group of collections required by
that scheme, and additional collections can be added via collection
entries.

I will make arrangment so users can specify what to be installed.

I am nearing to complete this. Maybe a few question more 😉.
Regards,
Naveen