Creating a Chocolatey Package For TexLive

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sun Sep 13 03:21:28 CEST 2020

Hi Phil,

>    May I play Devil's Advocate and ask why you claim "it would be good to
>    have a Chocolatey Package [for TeX Live]" ?  What problems do you find

Simple answer: why not? If there is someone interested, let them invest
their time and energy, even if you don't use it.

>    Live for Microsoft Windows is concerned) would be to re-write the
>    installer as an MSI ("Microsoft Installer") file, with all the benefits

I am waiting anxiously on your contribution for a MacTeX style Windows
MSI installer. Phil, that would be for once time well spent from your
side ...

>    uninstalling (Start / Control Panel / Programs and Features / Uninstall
>    or change a program) ?

All of which are present in the current installer, too ... maybe you
might take another look?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev