Issue Releated with Checksum on install-tl.zip

Naveen naveen at syrusdark.website
Thu Sep 10 09:04:04 CEST 2020

Hi Karl,
What is the best way I can handle this? Are you saying that the packages are updated daily?(If not can I get when it is updated?) One thing which I can do is get the checksum directly from the mirror and check for it right?

I think of adding that zip file into the package instead of pulling from CTAN is that allowed by license? How often should I need to update it? Also, they(chocolatey reviewers) would verify whether the contents and checksum are matching and again its a problem.

Thinking of the idea of verifying the checksum per mirror is nice but sometimes it did happen to me that both redirected to different mirror and caused problem. But I thing that can be handled need to think about it.

Another thing which @yihui told me is about this site https://texlive.info/ in this comment https://github.com/yihui/tinytex/pull/236#issuecomment-689082993. And it seems that the site is more stable than CTAN. I need to know how official is that site.

It is ok that you don't want to complicate by release on Github but all these problems will solve if you do that. Maybe a Github Actions would do but it is not that I am forcing you.

Regards,
Naveen