Is there a libsynctex package shipped as a part of MacTex?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 17 23:37:16 CEST 2020

    Subject: Is there a libsynctex package shipped as a part of MacTex?

No, sorry. We don't ship any libraries as such in TeX Live or
MacTeX. They are all compiled into the binaries. Distributing libraries
that could be linked with would be a quantum leap in difficulty of
distribution, and we're already pressed enough.

Does any pure viewer make use of synctex? I don't know. TeXShop does,
but it is an editor, so the "source line" concept makes more sense
there.

At any rate, about all that comes to mind is to extract the sources from
the TL tree and work with them in your own tree. Fortunately, they
hardly ever change nowadays, so you're not committing to a lot of
ongoing maintenance.  Unless the cmdline tool is enough, which I've
never used myself, but it seems unlikely :(. --happy hacking, karl.