[EXT] Re: [EXT] TeXLive 2020 pre-test item: MalwareBytes (Windows) flags behavior of installation BAT file

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Mar 7 21:25:58 CET 2020

Philip Taylor wrote:

> I also use Malwarebytes Premium. Bill, under Windows 7, ^4-bit,
> Enterprise.  I am downloading the TeX Live 2020 pre-test files as I
> write, and will report back once I have attempted an installation.

I have now (seemingly successfully) mirrored the Netherlands TeX Live
2020 pre-test repository, but I was confused when I sought to find out
how to proceed.  The instructions read (in part) :

>       Installing
>
> After downloading as above, you can run the script
> [...]install-tl-windows.bat (Windows) to perform the installation. We
> just use install-tl as the command name in these examples:
>
>   * install-tl -repository /location/ -gui
>     is the default on Windows and Macs. It runs a Tcl/Tk-based GUI if
>     Tcl/Tk is available, simple at startup but with a button to invoke
>     the advanced interface. If Tcl/Tk is not available, tries the
>     Perl/Tk GUI; if that's not available either, falls back to text
>     mode. TeX Live includes a Tcl/Tk runtime for Windows, and Tcl/Tk
>     is a standard part of current Mac systems.

What does it mean that "install-tl -repository /location/ -gui" /*is the
default */on Windows ?  It is the default if I do what ?  Not knowing
how to invoke the default behaviour, I typed in full :

C:\TeX\Live\2020\Local\Repository : install-tl-windows.bat -repository
/. /-gui

What /should/ I have typed in order to obtain the default behaviour ?
/Philip Taylor/