tl2020 pretest begin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 6 00:43:53 CET 2020

    > lrwxr-xr-x  1 voss  staff       11  5 Mar 08:47 luajittex -> luajithbtex

    I think this is not correct. luajittex is an independent binary and
    should not be linked to luajithbtex.

Right, luajittex and luajithbtex are two different binaries (and both
have associated plain .fmts).

In all my various installations, and the result of make install, this is
the case. Herbert, sorry, I cannot guess how you ended up with that
symlink.

As for the ConTeXt format, all I can say is that fmtutil.cnf contains
only the two cont-en lines it always has, building cont-en with pdftex
and xetex:
cont-en pdftex cont-usr.tex -8bit *cont-en.mkii
cont-en xetex cont-usr.tex -8bit *cont-en.mkii

These are the only ones that fmtutil will try to build. AFAIK, ConTeXt
MkIV and any other variants are handled within ConTeXt, by mechanisms I
have no knowledge of. Awaiting Mojca's instructions ... -k