.tlpsrc files and package dependencies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 4 03:11:38 CEST 2020

    Can some 'official ref' be added to the TeX Live web material,

https://tug.org/texlive/pkgcontrib.html#deps
We'll see how I did at language definition wording :).

    then people can start adding appropriate files

FWIW, I neither request nor recommend that people start creating
DEPENDS.txt files willy-nilly for every single package. But if it feels
important to do so for a particular package, ok, we'll see how this
mechanism works out ... --thanks, karl.

CTAN: this is just FYI, so you have a hint as to what these
DEPENDS.txt files that will presumably start showing up are about.
I hope the name is ok with you. I'm not crazy about it sorting before
README, but then, so much else already does, and I failed to think of a
good alternative.