TeX Live on Windows: Texinfo not available?

Werner Simbürger werner.simbuerger at t-online.de
Wed Jun 3 12:41:53 CEST 2020

Hello all,

It seems that "texi2pdf" is probably a "texinfo" command line tool (?),
which invokes pdflatex.

On the other hand, there is a CTAN package "texinfo" which indicates
using "texinfo" with TeX Live:
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/texinfo

I was not able to compile texinfo *.texi files with TeX Live on Windows.

In my case it works only on Linux distros (I use Debian and Arch), as
Zdeněk did mention.

Texinfo:
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/
Texinfo looks weird, maybe in a first quick view, but it is extremely
powerful in writing software manuals.
A very nice example is the GNU Octave software manual, which has been
written using Texinfo, which is also a pure GNU tool:
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/octave.pdf

Regards,
Werner

texinfo