Missing fonts with lualatex-dev

Sergio Callegari sergio.callegari at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:29:16 CET 2020

Hi,

to check for compatibility I am recently trying to compile my docs with
both lualatex and lualatex-dev (which I understand used the development
latex2e format and luahblatex, that is luatex 1.11.2 in place of the
regular lualatex 1.10.0).

I am recently encountering a behavioral mismatch between the two, where
lualatex can find all the fonts, but lualatex-dev cannot.

For instance, with the mono and sans fonts lualatex-dev invariably
complains about the following font substitutions:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `TU/SourceSansPro(1)/m/up' undefined
(Font)              using `TU/SourceSansPro(1)/m/n' instead on input
line 62.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `TU/SourceCodePro(1)/m/up' undefined
(Font)              using `TU/SourceCodePro(1)/m/n' instead on input
line 62.

It is my understanding that the 'up' font is in fact the 'n' font, so I
guess this is innocuous wrt to the document rendering. Still, I wonder
if this is known and why it happens.

Best,

Sergio