texdoc bidi

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jan 2 22:22:34 CET 2020

On 2020-01-02 at 19:27:32 +0000, David Carlisle wrote:

 > could the default texdoc configuration for bidi prefer bidi-doc.pdf to
 > bidi.pdf, the latter is the source listing, bidi-doc is the user
 > manual.
 >

 > texdoc -l bidi
 >  1 /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/bidi/bidi.pdf
 >    = Package source documentation
 >  2 /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/bidi/bidi-doc.pdf
 >    = Package user documentation

Hi David,
I had a similar problem with VnTeX in the past.  It turned out that in
the TeX Catalogue the wrong file got the attribute "package
documentation".

It seems that "package documentation" was replaced by "Package source
documentation" and "Package user documentation".  Maybe texdoc has to
be adapted accordingly.

Manfred, is my assuption correct?

BTW, I'm forwarding this mail to the texdoc mailing list as well
though I think that only very few people there are not subscribed to
this list.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25