Today's update

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 25 20:54:40 CET 2020

> On Feb 25, 2020, at 1:27 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
>    including latex, pdflatex, lualatex (and their -dev versions) but while
>    the xelatex-dev version was rebuilt the xelatex version was not
>    mentioned. Is that correct?
>
> Good question. At the moment, it is quite possible in general for -dev
> to be rebuilt at the same time that non-dev rebuilds are not needed.
> -dev has more dependencies. They will be more or less the same
> after the TL20 release.
>
> However, I find it puzzling in this case, since I think the "latex"
> package got updated, and that should have forced updating of
> xelatex.fmt. Unfortunately I can't think of any good way to debug what
> happened. We should figure out some way for fmtutil itself to log what
> it does (e.g., why a rebuild happened) or doesn't do (packages checked).
>
> Anyway, I think all the latex fmts will get rebuilt again tonight. (And
> most nights, these days. :) --thanks, karl.

Howdy,

Yes, latex, pdflatex and lualatex formats were rebuilt (along with the -dev versions) which is why I was puzzled about the xelatex format not being rebuilt.

I haven't noticed this before but that might just be because I haven't been paying attention.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)