trying tlcritical (verification error cleanup)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 21 18:04:10 CET 2020

> On Feb 19, 2020, at 4:09 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
> Hello TL - Norbert has made some changes to tlmgr to provide more
> specific error messages when verification fails. They are in tlcritical
> now. We would dearly like to have some more testing before we push this
> out to the world.
>
> So if anyone is up for trying tlcritical, please do, and let us know.
>
> The issue isn't so much the new error messages as making sure the
> non-error cases, which are the vast majority, still work. So don't worry
> about trying to exercise the new stuff, just do what you normally do and
> make sure it works.
>
> There are no other notable updates in this tlcritical round.
> --thanks, karl.

Howdy,

Sorry to get onto this so late. I've been away for a short time.

I see that Bruno found something and Norbert has already dealt with it. I assume the fixed version will be on tlcontrib by tomorrow. Is it still worthwhile for me to test starting tomorrow? If so, the url I have for tlcontrib in TeX Live Utility appears to be outdated, <http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2011/>. Do I simply need to change the 2011 to 2019?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)