packages not found

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 6 19:17:54 CET 2020

The "easier way" is to use miktex. Sorry.

Although ... there is also a script "texliveonfly" which purports to do
dynamic downloads with TL (it runs the engine and reads the error
messages as it goes, I guess). I didn't write it and have never tried
it. If you want to try it, you can install it with
  tlmgr install texliveonfly
And then run texliveonfly --help, except I'll append that below so you
can see if you want to try it. If you do, I'll be interested to hear if
it does the job. --best, karl.

$ texliveonfly --help
Usage:

	texliveonfly [options] file.tex

Use option --help for more info.

This program downloads TeX Live packages "on the fly" while compiling .tex
documents.  Some of its default options can be directly changed in
texliveonfly.  For example, the default compiler can be edited on line 4.

  --version             show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help            print this help text and exit
  -c COMPILER, --compiler=COMPILER
                        your LaTeX compiler; defaults to pdflatex
  -a ARGS, --arguments=ARGS
                        arguments to pass to compiler; default is: "-synctex=1
                        -interaction=nonstopmode"
  --texlive_bin=LOCATION
                        Custom location for the TeX Live bin folder
  --terminal_only       Forces us to assume we can run only in this terminal.
                        Permission escalators will appear here rather than
                        graphically or in a new terminal.
  -s OPTION, --speech_when=OPTION
                        Toggles speech-synthesized notifications (where
                        supported).  OPTION can be "always", "never",
                        "installing", "failed", or some combination.
  -f, --fail_silently   If tlmgr cannot be found, compile document anyway.

Copyright (C) 2011 Saitulaa Naranong.  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO
WARRANTY; see the GNU General Public License v3 for more info.