Server inconsistency: missing latex-base-dev package on mirror.aarnet.edu.au

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 29 00:03:04 CEST 2019

    http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (verified)

FWIW, looking at
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/
I do see latex-base-dev.* there now.

Although we do omit stale mirrors via a nightly update based on CTAN
mirmon (https://ctan.org/mirrors/mirmon), I fear there is no way we can
check at a higher granularity than that. Short of doing a check on the
network at the time of choosing the mirror, and even that would not be
perfect -- if the CTAN/timestamp file gets updated before the rest of
the update is complete, as I suspect it often would, we couldn't know.
At least not without a lot more tricky efforts. So it goes.

Anyway, thanks for the report. --best, karl.