\pdfmajorversion

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 21 23:40:48 CEST 2019

    (For reference, http://tug.org/svn/pdftex/branches/stable/doc/ rather
    than the obvious http://tug.org/svn/pdftex/trunk/doc.)

Someday maybe I will move pdftex trunk back to trunk. But whenever I am
on the verge of doing so, I think of all the existing checkouts that
would have to be changed, and end up doing nothing.

    Also, are the older (1.30) \pdfoptionpdf... names still useful?

I am not inclined to remove them just for cleanup and gratuitiously
break whatever old stuff may be using it, e.g., as Reinhard found. Yes,
they make it more annoying to search the sources, but ... -k