\pdffilesize and spaces

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 23:45:20 CEST 2019

On 18/10/2019 22:26, Karl Berry wrote:
> And the quotes are a whole problem in themselves, since now you can't
> find filenames containing quotes. For example,
> \pdffilesize{"file_1.tex"} should arguably fail unless the filename has
> quotes. (I am not sure where the quotes are read in this case.)

As a 'Windows person', quotes around file names are just 'part of
filenames' and are equivalent: "<filename>" = <filename>. It's
more-or-less impossible to create a file name containing double quote
mark (See
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file?redirectedfrom=MSDN
- there are quite a few reserved chars.)

Joseph