Aleph

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:36:44 CEST 2019

st 16. 10. 2019 v 15:26 odesílatel Taylor, P <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> napsal:

> Taylor, P wrote:
>
> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> That looks indeed much worse, but are you sure it is the same input? It
>
> shows *two* "u" subscripts, which is surprising.
>

> Absolutely the same input, Norbert :  I made only a three/four/three character change in the file ("ans" -> "erif" -> "ans") and observed the output change.
>

> I can now confirm that XeTeX by itself does not misplace the final vowel in my sample text — the problem is seemingly introduced by the use of TikZ's "style characters={ཕེབས་པར་དགའ་བསུ་ཞུ།} with {character command=\Tibetan}"

It depends what exactly you do in TikZ. Especially when typesetting
along a curved path TikZ can insert some code between codepoints and
then the shaping engine does not see the correct groups of characters.
It might help to enclose a consonant with its vowel into braces so
that TikZ considers it one token and does not insert anything in
between.

> \magnification \magstep 5
>
> \font \TibetanSans = "Noto Sans Tibetan Bold"
>
> \font \Tibetan = "Noto Serif Tibetan Bold"
>
> \def \TibetanText {ཕེབས་པར་དགའ་བསུ་ཞུ།}
>
> \centerline {\TibetanSans \TibetanText}
>
> \centerline {\Tibetan \TibetanText}
>
> \end