Aleph

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Oct 16 02:42:55 CEST 2019

Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
> I tried this with the current development branch for the HarfBuzz
> support in luaotfload and got the same output as with XeTeX, so
> luahbtex will be able to solve this issue.

Can I test that somewhere, too? And which version/state of luahbtex is
necessary?

> These look like problems with the fonts, do they work better in other
> programs? Especially the dotted circles in Noto Tibetan was a known bug

Indeed, I switched to Noto Serif Tibetan and now in LibreOffice the
layout is correct.

So that surprises me that xetex and luahbtex (both using harfbuzz like
LibreOffice) cannot get the stuff correct ... why? Is there any way I
can debug this?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev