persistent systemwide custom fontmap

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Nov 30 08:01:55 CET 2019

Hi Orm,

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> fonts to work I have to append my fontmap definitions to
> /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg and run updmap-sys as root whenever

If you have a sufficiently new TeX Live and thus updmap, you can put
your font definitions into any updmap.cfg files that is searched.

I suggest to put them into
	TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/updmap.cfg
There you can just add your own definitions, as well as disable some
font maps from previous files (system provided) if necessary.

Updates to the system texlive will **automatically** include the font
map definitions in TEXMFLOCAL.

> user in her homedir) fonts installed at a location which doesn't get
> overwritten on update, or is this an issue which has to be addressed
> to the package maintainer on arch?

It has been a pain in former times when only one updmap.cfg was used,
and one needed to generate that one from various sources. This isn't
like that since a few years (forgot how long, at least 3-4 years!).

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev