fixing kpathsea

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at web.de
Thu Nov 14 17:59:21 CET 2019

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 05:35:54PM +0100, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
>Hi Alexander,
>
>On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 5:15 PM Alexander Grahn <A.Grahn at web.de> wrote:
>

>> I also have Gentoo running, but I gave up trying to use TL that ships with
>> the distro. Instead, …
>>

>I have no issue with simply using the TUG TL for everything. How do you
>deal with the various dependencies? Just add them to
>/etc/portage/package.provided or whatever?

Both installations coexist without taking notice from each other. So I
do nothing in this regard. I use TUG TL for my personal writing work,
running tl-portable.sh first to set up TL in the current terminal.

The distro TL is just there to satisfy software package dependencies. I
don't use it directly myself and I don't care about its up-to-date-ness.