fixing kpathsea

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:05:40 CET 2019

st 13. 11. 2019 v 15:58 odesílatel N. Andrew Walsh
<n.andrew.walsh at gmail.com> napsal:

> Hi Zdenek,
>
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, and no. It will help for calling TeX in the terminam but not in
>> GUI.
>

> So I gave the following command:
>
>   # export PATH=/[$HOME]/tex-local/texlive/2017/:$PATH
>
> and ran the distro install package. It still failed on the same error. Is there some other PATH variable I should have here so that it can find mktexlsr.pl?

You must add the path to the binaries, I am now sitting at my Mac and
the path is /Users/zdenekwagner/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-darwin (I
hav a bit complex setup), it will be similar on Linux. And you must
open a new terminal.

> Thanks,

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz