fixing kpathsea

N. Andrew Walsh n.andrew.walsh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 13:29:36 CET 2019

Hi George,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The problem with your PATH is that the distro programs (e.g., from
> /usr/bin) will be used because that entry is earlier in the PATH.

That's fine, I think, because I have mktexlsr.pl in the distro-provided
file tree, right? I just don't understand why format.texlive-basic.cnf
can't find it. Is there some variable or path I can add somewhere that can
ensure that it gets found?

I have the "local" texlive specified in the settings for the programs that
need it (ie, atom), so setting the system PATH to use the system texlive
directories is fine.

Thanks for the help,