Dependencies

Xiangdong Zeng xdzeng96 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:51:15 CET 2019

ctex requires the following packages as well:

- tools (indentfirst)
- ms (everysel)
- xcjk2uni
- environ
- platex-tools (pxeverysel)
- zhmetrics-uptex

On Nov 6, 2019, at 20:57, Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk>
wrote:

On 06/11/2019 07:54, Joseph Wright wrote:

On 06/11/2019 00:10, Joseph Wright wrote:

On 05/11/2019 21:57, Karl Berry wrote:

Hi Joseph,

     where package dependencies are missing in TeX Live.

Feel free to just mail them to me either as a diff of the .tlpsrc or a
simple list, as Norbert says.

The one thing I would add to Norbert's reply is that I think we should
add only unconditional dependencies in the TL source files. That is, if
package foo only inputs package bar sometimes, let's not add bar as a
static dependency in the .tlpsrc. That's a different problem (that can
only be solved at runtime via miktex-like dynamic loading, as far as I
can see). --thanks, karl.

OK, a first set of hopefully reasonable ones. I'm starting from infra-only,
so I'm perhaps finding some odd ones ...

l3build:
- luatex

latex-bin:
- luaotfload (at least for LuaLaTeX ...)

graphics:
- graphics-def

luaotfload:
- lm

libertine:
- iftex
- xkeyval
- mweights
- fontaxes

soulpos:
- oberdiek
- soul

lualatex-math:
- etoolbox
- filehook

unicode-math:
- lm-math
- lualatex-math

xetex:
- [latex-base-dev] (remove: no idea why this is in)

Joesph

psnfss:
- symbol
- zapfding
csquotes:
- etoolbox
hyperref:
- url
datatool:
- fp
- xkeyval
- xfor

- substr

pgfplots:
- pgf
mathpazo:
- palatino
- fpl
Joseph

ctex: (assuming pdfTeX/LuaTeX/XeTeX all need to load)
- cjk
- cjkpunct
- ulem
- zhnumber