Dependencies

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 5 14:42:27 CET 2019

Hi Joseph,

On Tue, 05 Nov 2019, Joseph Wright (CHE - Staff) wrote:
> Working on automated testing, I run across a reasonable number of cases
> where package dependencies are missing in TeX Live. Is it worth me

That is to be expected. We did never and do not promise inter-package
dependencies to be correct, but we **try** to keep collections and their
dependencies complete. That means, if you install collection-X, then
everything you need should be installed automatically.

But, we are fine with getting inter-package dependencies and add them to
our system. You can either send a patch to the tlpsrc files, or a simple
list (package -depends-> package*).

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev