pretesting please (texdoctk)

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Mar 31 21:11:49 CEST 2019

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 07:00:56PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
> TeXdocTK also fails in an identical way on a clean install on an office
> machine (Win-7, 64-bit).
> Philip Taylor
> ----------------
> Taylor, P wrote:
> > Trying "TeXdoctk" after a portable-mode install, I am told :
> >
> > C:\TeX\Lambda\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:902: command failed with exit code
> > 1: wperl.exe c:\TeX\Lambda\texmf-dist\scripts\texdoctk\texdoctk.pl"

This is expected. We believe that doc.html in the root of the
installation is a good alternative for searching for documentation.

The windows installer adds a shortcut named `TeX Live documentation'
to index.html which in its turn contains a link to doc.html, and the
tray menu for portable use contains a direct link to doc.html as a
replacement for texdoctk.  There is also no longer a menu shortcut
for texdoctk.

By the way: I am still tinkering with the windows wrapper for
tlshell, which may or may not solve your problem.

--
Siep Kroonenberg