pretesting please

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sat Mar 30 16:34:53 CET 2019

No difference if installed as "Portable".
--------
Philip Taylor wrote:
Still unable to launch the TeX Live Manager (TL-2019, pre-test) as myself (see screenshotbelow & attached); it will launch successfully only as Administrator.  Since I last reported this during this year's pre-test phase, I have :

  *   Re-ownered C:\TeX to myself
  *   Granted owner full control over C:\TeX and all descendants thereof
  *   Migrated all TeX Live installations from 2008 to 2017 to C:\TeX\Legacy\<year> (I have no earlier installations installed)
  *   Migrated the current TeX Live installation (2018) to C:\TeX\Live
  *   Installed TeX Live 2019 (pre-test) in C:\TeX\Lambda

I investigated Siep's suggestion to install TeX Live 2019 (pre-test) in portable mode but was not happy with the paths that it proposed, and was not certain whether if I modified those paths it would still be "portable" within the meaning of the Act.

Philip Taylor
--------

[cid:part1.62AFA6B5.A79D27C1 at Rhul.Ac.Uk]