Open linker issues on FreeBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 28 22:19:30 CET 2019

    incorrectly linked executables on FreeBSD

Thanks for the report.

I don't use FreeBSD, so I can't solve it, sorry. I can only report that
Nikola compiled last year's binaries on FreeBSD 10.
http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-2018/

whereas this year's binaries are compiled by Mojca on FreeBSD 11.
http://dl.contextgarden.net/build/texlive/
http://build.contextgarden.net/waterfall?tag=c/texlive

I'm only guessing, but it sounds like using shared lib foo.x on an older
system may fail on the newest system because only .x+1 is available, or
because of indirect dependencies (likely through fontconfig) on .x or .x+1.

I hope Nikola or Mojca can reply with more facts/help. --best, karl.